[Tweeters] Skagit Bobolink

Joel Brady-Power fvnerka at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 29 18:20:52 PDT 2008

Another beautiful day and another incredible bird. I was birding the dike at the end of Rawlins Rd. on Fir Island today when I saw a large sparrow like bird fly up into a bush on the dike. I came around the corner and the bird, perched atop the bush staring back at me was a female Bobolink! I got great views of the bird through my scope from less than 20ft. away. Eventually the bird tired of me and flew down into a slough on the other side of the dike. I went back to my car to get my camera and spent the next two hours trying to relocate the bird to no avail. There were also good numbers of Black-bellied Plovers, and few Dowitchers and Dunlin at Jensen Access, but no Golden-plovers.

Joel Brady-Power
fvnerka at hotmail.com
Anacortes, Wa 98221