[Tweeters] mystery birds, and a thank you! (links)

Devorah Bennu birdologist at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 30 13:31:24 PDT 2008

hello tweeties,

i am back in NYC from my beloved seattle. my plane arrived at 7 am ET, so i had to take a few hours to sleep and a few more to realize i am back in NYC (but i was surprised to discover that "my peeps" in NYC were all thrilled to have me back!). i was so excited to see some of my friends from university and from tweeters at the recent ScienceBlogs' party in seattle, and here's a link to a little photoessay of the party with a few images that you might enjoy;

i missed some of you whom i wished i could have seen and talked with once more, so i promise that the next time i return to seattle, i will stay longer!

so let's get back to birds! yesterday's mystery bird was a Common Tern, Sterna hirundo. to read Rick's detailed analysis for IDing this species, please review this link;

today's mystery bird can be seen here;

Roosting high up a tree somewhere in Central Park, NYC