[Tweeters] Wood Sandpiper ID positively confirmed by experts

Khanh Tran fsprucegrouse at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 30 13:41:42 PDT 2008

I sent a copy of the note with photo links to ID-frontiers and
the opinions are running 100% positive on the WOOD SANDPIPER ID
based on current photographs.

-----
Gavin Bieber wrote:

> John Sullivan's pictures look very good for a Wood Sandpiper. An excellent

find indeed. It was not a particularly good fall in the Bering Sea for this
species, with only one juv. reported from Saint Paul Island. However a series
of storms tracked south of the Aleutians and into the Gulf of Alaska,
conceivably pulling some stronger flying species into the base of the chain or
to Southcentral AK.

--
Mike Patterson
Astoria, OR