[Tweeters] Patricia Lott

Janeanne Houston janeannesoprano at comcast.net
Tue Sep 30 14:23:26 PDT 2008

Dear Tweeters,

I did not know Patricia well, but I knew her before she became a birder. As
fellow singers, we seemed to end up at auditions together. I knew her as
Patty, the always glamorous and daring mezzo. Patty and I had several email
exchanges after I began birding. When I was having trouble finding my
first Snowy Plover, she encouraged me to keep trying send that, yes
Virginia, the Plovers really are out there at Midway Beach.

Since I am still a member of the singing community to which she belonged, I
assembled a group of your remembrances and forwarded them to singer friends
and coaches who worked with her. I know they will be very sad to hear of
her passing, but they will be happy to learn that she found another passion
that gave her life joy and meaning.

Peace to all,

Janeanne Houston
West Seattle