[Tweeters] Centralia, Big Hanaford Road, E Wigeon and Shorebirds

Guy McWethy lguy_mcw at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 5 09:49:46 PDT 2009

Hey Tweets,
I had a morning to myself, so I blasted down to Big Hanaford Road near Centralia to work on my Lewis County List.
BEAUTIFUL Day! At least after the fog lifted. Lots of good birds about. Had a good solid morning of birding. No WT kites, though. Darn.

Highlight was at the corner of Tietzel road and Tietzel Road East.
In the large flooded field to the south I saw about 500-600 Am Wigeon, with 10 Eurasian Wigeon Males. Probably the highest number of Eurasians I've seen anywhere, and the highest ratio of Eurasian to American.
Also in the field were about 25-30 Greater Yellowlegs, and maybe 40 Dunlin.

Guy McWethy
Renton, WA
mailto: lguy_mcw at yahoo.com