[Tweeters] Just Goshawks- Tucson Oregon Washington

Ebriefer at aol.com Ebriefer at aol.com
Sun Apr 5 17:22:58 PDT 2009

Dear birders and hawk watchers- I have just returned from Tucson, making it
22 months of observing Goshawks (NG) in Tucson city limits and just outside
city limits, starting in winter 2000-01. Again, I have observed male and
female polymorphic NG in Tucson. These hawks have red vermiculation on chest,
belly, and under wing coverts. I also made a trip to San Diego to visit with
visiting family. NG were observed on 3 daily occasions; soaring over Lego Land in
Carlsbad; gliding over the Musuem of Natural History and then perched on an
open snag, and glassed- a mature female. And at the start of the Dolphin
Display at Sea World- a female at 75 feet heading toward the crowd.
3 April - Albany, Oregon - near Interstate 5. One immature male NG, slowly
circling. The hawk had a square- tip tail. Anacortes, WA - April 5 at 1:30
p.m. - 1 NG soaring as observed from Fern Hill Cemetery - Rt 20. Cheers- Nelson
Briefer _ebriefer at aol.com_ (mailto:ebriefer at aol.com) Anacortes, WA and