[Tweeters] Fill Red Crossbills

John Puschock g_g_allin at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 21 17:36:15 PDT 2009

I'm guessing there will be more sightings of the crossbills at the
Fill. There's been a flock of Red Crossbills flying around the north
end of Wedgwood (North Seattle -- actually just north of Wedgwood using
the strictest definition of its boundaries) for the past 3-4 weeks.
I'm not sure if their numbers are growing or not. I've been detecting
them more the past week, and it sounds like there are more individuals
in the flock(s), but it could just be due to me being out more in the
good weather. I heard flyovers three times today, twice just north of
95th St. and west of 35th Ave NE and once near the Meadowbrook
Community Center. I don't know if this is just one flock flying around
North Seattle or if there are several, but in either case, they seem to
have found a food source here.

John Puschock

Wedgwood, Seattle

g_g_allin at hotmail.com