[Tweeters] Re: Am. Kestrel pair in Mill Creek

jmy09 at aol.com jmy09 at aol.com
Tue Apr 28 15:57:18 PDT 2009

It is a great park!

There is a Great Blue Heron rookery here, also. There are five or six nests and there had been
three pairs of herons in early March. (I had heard from another birder that the Bald Eagle had decimated the eggs in the nests the last couple of years.) I was gone for a month and when I returned last week there were no herons around. I watched the nests for an hour, then saw the Bald Eagle land on one of the nests. I am not sure if the Eagle has now claimed the nest for him/herself or if there were eggs that fell to the same fate as in the previous two years.

There are Barn Owls in the barn at the south end of the park and an American Bittern was seen in one of the ponds last week. (I heard him yesterday)

Janis in Mill Creek Snohomish Co.