[Tweeters] Lesser Goldfinches

Lyn Topinka pointers at pacifier.com
Tue Aug 18 08:58:59 PDT 2009

hi group ...

here's another question ... will our Lesser Goldfinches stay all winter ???

http://columbiariverimages.com/Birds/HoldingPen/backyard_lesser_goldfinches_08-06-09.jpg

this is only one sock ... we have 2 hanging and both are always
crowded ... there's around 20 to 30 in the backyard when it's busy
... we've watched 2 different broods being raised so they are nesting
either in the yard or nearby ... they are going through both socks
(one is smaller) in a couple of days ... we're just wondering if
they'll stay or some of them stay the winter ??? ... we'll need to
budget for them if so (GRIN) ...

Lyn

Lyn Topinka
http://EnglishRiverWebsite.com