[Tweeters] Grays Harbor CBC numbers

Dianna Moore dlmoor2 at coastaccess.com
Sun Dec 27 23:20:12 PST 2009

Hi Tweets;
The totals are finally tallied for the count...counting crow species we had
138 species...not bad for a "slow day". The sun may have been bright enough
for sunglasses but the wind was brutal for most of the day. Just a
preliminary look shows the numbers are down but we still had some very
respectable birds; Tim O'Brien already mentioned the King Eider is still
hanging around off the southern end of Ocean Shores, and we have at least
one Snow Goose out here too. We found one Am. Bittern...also in Ocean
Shores, and the only Ring-necked Pheasants for this count. After last years
high of 54 Brown Pelicans...bad timing with the icy conditions... Westport
only hosted 6 this year.

Tim managed to find a Blue-winged Teal in the pond off of Ocosta-Third near
Bottle Beach SP, and Ruth Sullivan, Jim Pruske and Lonnie Somers had the
only Red-necked Grebe, Rough-legged Hawk, and Lapland Longspur, as well as
the earlier post of a Long-tailed Duck at the Hoquiam STP.

Finally, thanks to some folks who have some acreage on O'Leary Creek in area
8 and walked their property, we finally got a Ruffed Grouse.

I want to thank everyone who participated in this count; you are a really
great group of people and I too appreciate your help and enthusiasm. You
make it fun!

Dianna Moore