[Tweeters] Green-winged Northern Pintail in Edison

Dennis Paulson dennispaulson at comcast.net
Tue Feb 17 12:45:10 PST 2009

Larry, any time you have a question about wing coloration, you might
look at the Slater Museum website (http://www.ups.edu/x5662.xml),
where wings of most Washington birds are displayed in all their
glory. You can navigate to photos of many, many species either by
using the column on the right to go to the appropriate family or by
clicking on "View the Wing Image Collection in database format" and
then clicking on "Featured Searches" to find what you're looking for.
There may be different sets of wings in these two collections.

On Feb 17, 2009, at 12:00 PM, tweeters-
request at mailman2.u.washington.edu wrote:

> Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 22:34:31 -0800

> From: "Larry Engles" <engles at ridesoft.com>

> Subject: [Tweeters] Green-winged Northern Pintail in Edison

> Ok, so maybe it isn't, but what is it? Here's a photo taken near

> Edison

> looking at Samish Island on February 7:

> http://www.larryenglesphotography.com/p1042413768/h370b94c6#h370b94c6

> You can leave comments on the photo so we can all figure out what

> it is -

> well, me anyway.

> -- Larry Engles

Dennis Paulson