[Tweeters] Centralia and Steam Plant birds

Dave Hayden dtvhm at nwrain.com
Sat Jan 3 13:59:00 PST 2009

This morning I hit a few spots in Centralia before checking the steam plant area out. I hit Borst Park first and pored over the gulls.
I had 1 Thayer's Gull and 2 Herring Gulls in the flock of Glaucous-winged and GWxWestern hybrids. Next stop was the Goodrich pond and Chehalis River Discovery Trail. Lots of open water for the waterfowl and some good birds along the trail. I had here;

Trumpeter Swans - 26
Northern Pintails
American Wigeon - lots
Eurasian Wigeon - 4
Green-winged Teal - 6
Northern Shovelers
Lesser Scaup - 1
Ring-necked Ducks
Wood Duck - 1
Common Merganser - 1
Hooded Merganser - 2
Buffleheads
Mew Gulls
Bald Eagle - 2
American Kesrrel - 2
Black-bellied plover - 17
Dunlin - lots
Mourning Dove - 7
Scrub Jay
Bushtits
Golden-crowned Sparrows
Purple Finches

At the steam plant, it was very quiet. I had 1 Northern Harrier and 10 Canvasbacks.

Dave Hayden
dtvhm AT nwrain.com
Centralia, WA