[Tweeters] Bald Eagles still abound at Nisqually

wheelermombi at comcast.net wheelermombi at comcast.net
Sat Jan 3 14:21:21 PST 2009

Hi Tweeters,

I stopped at Nisqually NWR yesterday afternoon with my daughter Cally to check out the BALD EAGLE spectacle about which others have already posted.  We only walked a little farther than the river look-out, but I still counted 20 eagles.  At one point, there were 5 circling in the sky looking like a flock of Turkey Vultures, 4 roosting in a nearby tree, and 3 others visible in other trees.  It felt like Skagit!  A RED-BREASTED SAPSUCKER was pecking on a tree just before the river look-out, and a sea lion and harbor seal were swimming in the river.

Good Birding,

Lonnie Somer

Olympia, WA

wheelermombi at comcast.net