[Tweeters] Marymoor Park Report (Redmond, King Co., WA) 2009-01-15

Scott Ramos lsr at ramoslink.info
Thu Jan 15 19:37:49 PST 2009

As an addendum to Michael's report on (dead) mammals at Marymoor, at
about 7:45 this morning, in the field just west of the entrance to the
east parking area, I watched a Great Blue Heron catch and devour a mole.
After peering attentively for several minutes in poised position, the
heron jabbed and brought up the mole. It then methodically shook its
prey several times before lifting it up and swallowing it in one gulp.
It almost immediately flew off with another heron as a companion.

Scott Ramos
Seattle