[Tweeters] Sharpie at Ruston Way

Jeff Kozma jcr_5105 at charter.net
Sat Jan 17 20:31:06 PST 2009

Hi Rupert.

Great photos of that hawk! Your hawk sure looks like an immature Cooper's Hawk to me (maybe others will chime in?). The large tear dropped shape brown streaking along its sides and the dark brown head (and larger head shape with flattened crown) contrasting with the lighter belly lead me to think it is a Cooper's Hawk.

See link to juvenile Cooper's.

And Juvenile Sharpy for comparison

And one juvenile Sharpy from my own photos (hope the link works).