[Tweeters] Yellow-Shafted Flicker

bob wohlers polarbrew at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 18 14:49:39 PST 2009

Hello from Olympia.  This is my first post to this board but I have been following it for about a year.  I really enjoy the amount of information I have managed to glean but have not really had anything of interest to post.  A couple of weeks ago I noticed a flicker on my suet that looked just a little bit different to my naked eye, so I ran for my binoculars only to get back just in time to catch a what appeared to be yellow under wing.  I did not see it again until yesterday afternoon along with two other regulars demolishing the suet, and sure enough a yellow shafted flicker!  Just thought I'd share.  Have a great day!
Bob