[Tweeters] Washtucna WW Crossbills - yes

Bill and Nancy LaFramboise billnanl at verizon.net
Tue Jan 20 17:06:19 PST 2009

Six of us from the TriCities went to Washtucna today. We were able to
relocate 4 male White-winged Crossbills between the grain elevators and
Bassett Park today on a spruce tree on D Street. The birds were mostly
silent except in flight. We watched them feeding on cones, possibly picking
up gravel on the road, and then evading a Sharp-shinned Hawk. One was
nearly taken but it escaped.

We did not relocate the Bohemian Waxwings. It appeared that most of the
fruiting trees were stripped.

Nancy

Bill and Nancy LaFramboise
Richland WA