[Tweeters] mystery bird and endangered species images (links)

Devorah Bennu birdologist at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 11:30:50 PST 2009

hello tweeties,

the most recently demystified mystery bird was a White-throated Robin, Turdus assimilis, courtesy of photographer, Joseph Kennedy;

http://scienceblogs.com/grrlscientist/2009/01/todays_mystery_bird_for_you_to_123.php

here's today's mystery bird (or are they mystery BIRDS?) for you to identify, thanks to photographer, Joseph Kennedy;

http://scienceblogs.com/grrlscientist/2009/01/todays_mystery_bird_for_you_to_134.php

I also wanted to tell you that I am highlighting a series of endangered animal images on my blog that were snapped by professional photographer Joel Sartore, who has generously shared his work with my readers before. This time, however, Joel's images were purchased by National Geographic, and are being featured as a very powerful photoessay.

http://scienceblogs.com/grrlscientist/2009/01/goodbye_dusky_seaside_sparrow.php

cheers,

GrrlScientist
Devorah
http://scienceblogs.com/grrlscientist/
Roosting high up a tree somewhere in Central Park, NYC