[Tweeters] WW Crossbills Pomeroy

Mike and MerryLynn m.denny at charter.net
Thu Jan 22 17:26:53 PST 2009

Hello all,
Mike had the day off so we headed for Columbia and Garfield counties in
search of winter finches. In Dixie we had a black Merlin - it was also there
two days ago. Waitsburg was full of robins and starlings. We birded Dayton
for a couple hours - probably 1500 robins and 14 Bohemian Waxwings with lots
of starlings also. Drove up Wolf Fork and found 30 Red Crossbills but no WW.
Then headed for Pomeroy and a few miles east of Dayton at the intersection
with Whetsone rd. there were two Eurasian Collared-Doves - a first in
Columbia county I believe. Pomeroy Cemetery did have 2 male and 1 female
White-winged Crossbills - very active and vocal. Found a tree of Pine
Siskins in town but nothing else different.
In and out of freezing fog all day - hope the sun comes thru soon!
MerryLynn

Mike and MerryLynn Denny
Birding the beautiful Walla Walla Valley

If you have not birded, you have not lived