[Tweeters] Woodpecker Decoy - shooting and eating a Pileated

Stewart Wechsler ecostewart at quidnunc.net
Mon Jan 26 12:37:28 PST 2009

I think it was almost 30 years ago that I had a classmate at the community
college whose dad immigrated to this country, I think from Japan, and he was
bugged by a Pilated Woodpecker that, if I remember correctly, was drumming
on their house or nearby. He shot it and they ate it.

Stewart Wechsler
-Ecological Consultant - Nature Guide - Botanist
206 932-7225
-Advice on the most site-appropriate native plants to maximize the site's
potential for native biodiversity
-Educational programs, nature walks, and field trips for schools, public and
private groups
-Botanical Surveys