[Tweeters] mystery birds (links)

Devorah Bennu birdologist at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 08:46:18 PST 2009

hello tweeties,

my appeal to my bird pals for "weird" mystery birds has yielded a fair number of images, so i will be showing you these images more often than just on wednesdays, so be sure to keep your eyes open for those!

the most recently demystified mystery bird was that "weird" mystery bird image that Marcel Gahbauer kindly shared with us, and it was identified as a Wilson's Snipe (Gallinago delicata);

for those who are interested, NO, this was not the species i had guessed it to be (and Marcel hasn't revealed his guess, so i can't speak for him).

today's mystery bird, courtesy of photographer, Terry Sohl, is more intact than the previously mentioned bird, and can be viewed here;

Roosting high up a tree somewhere in Central Park, NYC