[Tweeters] Discovery Park LAZULI BUNTING

Scott Atkinson scottratkinson at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 1 13:19:26 PDT 2009

Tweeters:

Along the jog route today at just after noon I heard, then spotted, a male LAZULI BUNTING singing from atop a Scouler's Willow near the bluff trail. At the northwest corner of the south meadow area, the trail continues along the bluff and, just past a nice overlook down on the Sound, there is a small opening to the east before one reenters shade. Much Scots Broom and Wild Rose here. I had no binocs but got to within 30 ft or so of the bird.

Also indicative that spring migration isn't completed yet (and let's not forget that rough winter we had): I could hear, for the first time this spring, OLIVE-SIDED FLYCATCHERS on apparent territories, one in the s.e. corner of the park near the parking area there, another in the central park forest.

Scott Atkinson

Lake Stevens

mail to: scottratkinson at hotmail.com