[Tweeters] mystery birds, ants in his pants, scientific fraud (links)

Devorah Bennu birdologist at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 9 10:19:01 PDT 2009

hello everyone,

one of the things i've been eagerly looking for are images of birds that are challenging, not of North American origin or just plain weird, to add to my mystery birds line up. Dan Logen has kindly stepped forward to share his images from Tanzania, Africa with all of us, so I am sharing another one of his African images with you today;

http://scienceblogs.com/grrlscientist/2009/06/todays_mystery_bird_for_you_to_293.php

here's a video preview of the upcoming NOVA program that airs tonight on PBS. this program interviews EO Wilson and explores his relationship with ants; what they've taught him (and us) about evolution, pheromones, and behavioral ecology;

http://scienceblogs.com/grrlscientist/2009/06/the_ant_whisperer.php

here's my book review of the true story, Plastic Fantastic, that explores a recent case of scientific fraud that occurred in the fields of nanotechnology and microelectronics;

http://scienceblogs.com/grrlscientist/2009/06/plastic_fantastic.php

cheers,

GrrlScientist
Devorah
http://scienceblogs.com/grrlscientist/
http://twitter.com/GrrlScientist
Roosting high up a tree somewhere in Central Park, NYC