[Tweeters] Seattle to Oakland birding suggestions?

tlkao at u.washington.edu tlkao at u.washington.edu
Tue Jun 23 13:09:39 PDT 2009

Hello Tweeters,

I'm planning a road trip to (and from) Oakland, CA in mid-August and was going to take a couple of days to reach my destinations both ways. So I'm turning to the wisdom/experience of you Tweeters for suggestions of birding spots along the way, good camping spots, and any places in the Oakland/SF Bay area that's worth a visit. I was planning on traveling down I-5 and hwy-101 with a larger emphasis on coastal areas, but am willing to go inland if there is a must see spot. I'm traveling with a "non-birder" and don't want him to roll his eyes every time we pull up to a sewage lagoon, so I'm looking for places with a more natural environment, which he'll appreciate more.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions. You may reply directly to my address.

Tiffany Linbo
Mountlake Terrace, WA