[Tweeters] possible Mallard x Pintail male in Kent today

Eugene and Nancy Hunn enhunn323 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 1 21:30:22 PST 2009

Tweets,

There's what appears to be a male Mallard x Northern Pintail at the little
pond on Frager Rd. just south of Meeker St. west of downtown Kent (south of
the golf course). I forget the name of the pond. Breast like a Mallard, head
half metallic green, half brown, flanks and back silvery gray, rump black,
tail pointy, bill more like a pintail, nearly the size of the mallard drakes
nearby.

I also enjoyed my first swallows of the year, about half a dozen
Violet-greens over the Boeing Ponds.

Yesterday (Saturday, Feb. 28) there were still 220 mostly if not entirely
Trumpeter Swans in the Snoqualmie Valley, 120 nw of Duvall and another 100
near Sikes Lake near Carnation.

Gene Hunn

18476 47th Pl. NE

Lake Forest Park, WA