[Tweeters] starlings and other pest birds

craig_marie at netzero.net craig_marie at netzero.net
Mon Mar 2 10:55:36 PST 2009

I am planning on having an old apple tree in my backyard cut down tomorrow. It has not produced apples for about 10 years now and is a very messy tree. I can't keep up with the water sprouts or leaves. There is no advantage to this tree in any season.
In a few months I plan on planting an Autumn Brilliance Serviceberry tree. It gets white flowers in the spring and purplish small fruit in late summer which attracts birds. The fall color is spectacular. My only question is will a serviceberry tree attract European Starlings or other pest birds to my yard?
thanks for any info any one can provide.
Highlands of Renton WA
Click here to find the perfect picture with our powerful photo search features.