[Tweeters] Benefits of serviceberry to wildlife

Bill and Nancy LaFramboise billnanl at verizon.net
Tue Mar 3 19:26:12 PST 2009

More praise of serviceberry: Birds use serviceberry for more than just the
fruit. There is one on one of our routes in a riparian/shrub-steppe study
area. It is a prime place for warblers & flycatchers in spring & fall
migration and sparrows in winter long after the fruit is gone. Regrettably
we do not have a list of all that has been seen in this plant, but it is one
that we pay close attention to on the route.

Bill and Nancy LaFramboise
Richland WA