[Tweeters] types of serviceberry?

TedR coffeemonkey101 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 3 21:26:25 PST 2009

A quick search of service berries at Raintree Nursery yeilds these:

Autumn Brilliance
Northline Serviceberry
Smokey Serviceberry
Theissen Serviceberry

and a Google search yeilds Pacific Serviceberry.

So, in all the discussions on Tweeters about Serviceberry, is it with one of these in mind or are they close enough genetically that they are being spoken of as a group? It appears from my initial research that they are similar. Does that mean of equal value for attracting birds and providing food?

All this talk has me thinking of adding these to our yard.

Thanks,

TedR
Fredrickson, WA
mailto:coffeemonkey101 ATcomcast DOT net