[Tweeters] Meadow Lark calling at fill Monday night

Vicki Biltz vickibiltz at msn.com
Wed Mar 4 09:03:06 PST 2009

Hi Tweets, Okay, so I am new to the Fill, had not been there in several years. Since driving up from Bonney Lake is such a task, on WOS days I will be trying to hit some of the local birdy places, and get to know the area. This way I avoid traffic jams and get good parking. I got to do a bit of digiscoping before the meeting on Monday, then put my equipment away and did another trek around the trails. My second time through, I heard a Meadowlark calling, not doing its regular song, and quickly located it in a short tree with several very noisy Robins. It was a perfect photo op, and close enough I could easily have gotten one in the dwindling light. Alas I shall learn the hard way.I always DO. I presume they are regulars there. I am going to plant some of the shorter oregon grape and evergreen huckleberry, in my flower-bed of concern, and leave a couple of the Hydrangea's for now, and see if I can put the yew there as well. I am also going to clean out another space in my garden and put up an outdoor natural photo-shop, hoping to get my woodpeckers to visit their with their kiddies this summer...so much to do!!!!

Vicki Biltz Bonney Lake Wa.
vickibiltz at msn.com

http:www.BirdsofEilat.com
http://sawwhetsnew.blogspot.com/