[Tweeters] Tricks to seeing 9 species of Owls in 3.5 days in NC WA? (Longish)

Kathy Andrich chukarbird at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 4 08:58:50 PST 2009

Hi Khanh and Tweeters,

What a nice post Khanh. You are so right that we seem to be missing so much without Patrick Sullivan and his amazing detailed posts. I hear this in the field a lot from other birders.

Some people who subscribe to Tweeters will not post for various reasons and we all lose out. I admit I don't post as often as I used to. I can't say why really. Maybe this will spur me to post more even when I am not birding exotic locales like E Wa I am always looking and listening to the birds wherever I am. I am a big believer in birding where you are and I seem to not be able get away as much mostly so I can spend some more time with an aging parent.

Last weekend I did get to rescue twice a Chestnut-backed Chickadee with an overgrown nail that got curved around and stuck in the bird feeder at home. It is neat to hold a bird in the hand even though I know it scared the heck out of the bird. It didn't know I was friendly.

Thanks again for the great post.

Kathy
Roosting in Kent, near Lake Meridian
(chukarbird at yahoo dot com)
Any driving directions contained within this message are given as a courtesy, beware, author is directionally challenged and will not vouch for them.