[Tweeters] URGENT: LOGGERHEAD SHRIKE AT FILL

JChristian Kessler 1northraven at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 13:40:08 PST 2009

for those for whom this would be a life bird, best to bring a scope. when
we were there, it was down by the tree line below the ridge, distant that
those unfamiliar with both shrikes might not feel that they could make an id
on binoculars alone. but for those of you with experience birding in the
East, a Northern Shrike has a jizz such that it can be confused with a
Northern Mockingbird. on this bird it is not just the mask/eyeline that is
thick.
Chris Kessler