[Tweeters] possible 4 days in Anchorage area last week of June

Vicki Biltz vickibiltz at msn.com
Thu Mar 5 19:03:59 PST 2009

Hi, I sent out a couple of emails already to the Audubon Society in Anchorage,looking for a guide for 4 days at the end of June. (no replies at ALL!) My husband has a speaking engagement, and I want to find the Ptarmigans that are there, along with maybe a few other birds. I have had no response yet, and am wondering if anyone knows if this is even a good time of year there. We were there two years ago in May, before migration, so I did not see much. I will be able to rent a car, but have no prospects yet for contacts for such a short trip. I am hoping to get out in the wilderness, as far as I can, not staying in the Anchorage area. Does anyone know how I can find someone, or does anyone have any contacts up in that area??? I am not going to go on the trip if I cannot plan ahead. I did the bird pal thing when planning for New Mexico, which we were unable to do, and I made connections with some who did NOT know a thing. So I am not too keen on the bird pal stuff at the moment. I am willing to pay a guide if only I can find one. Or get really good information, as I will be doing this alone, if I do not find a guide.
Thanks for any information you can give me.
Vicki Biltz Bonney Lake Wa.
vickibiltz at msn.com

http:www.BirdsofEilat.com
http://sawwhetsnew.blogspot.com/