[Tweeters] Ridgefield closure

gneavoll at comcast.net gneavoll at comcast.net
Sat Mar 7 16:14:04 PST 2009

Close Ridgefield for the entire month of April? So we are to miss the first wave of warblers and flycatchers, the springtime "thunder pumping" of the bittern, the early arrivals of the shorebirds, all the sights and sounds of a Northwestern wetland in Spring - because USF&WS couldn't schedule the bridge replacement work during the slow months of the year? Give us a break, guys! We all need that "tonic of wildness" of which Thoreau speaks. By April we need it real bad.

George Neavoll
S.W. Portland