[Tweeters] First Rufous, Anacortes

Kristi Hein khc at picturesandwords.com
Sat Mar 7 18:37:55 PST 2009

Yesterday I glimpsed a hummer zipping through the yard, but it could
have been an Anna's. Still, it prompted me to take out the stored nectar
feeders and brew some nectar.

This morning, first thing, I hung out the filled feeders. One is outside
the dining-room window: no action during breakfast. After breakfast, I
though to check the feeder over the front deck. PRECISELY as it happened
last March, I walked to the front-door window, saying "I'm looking for
that first Rufous . . ." and there he was, feeding. He immediately took
off, but the rufous color was unmistakable. Yippee!

The first of many . . . now I better clean out the VG Swallow nestbox
and put it back up.

cheers,
Kristi in Anacortes
khc