[Tweeters] Black Scoter - Spokane County

Terry Little terry at crossoverchurch.info
Sun Mar 8 13:55:38 PDT 2009

Hello,

This morning I found female BLACK SCOTER at Wandermere Lake on the Wandermere Golf Course in N Spokane County. I got great looks at the bird and watched it through my Swarovski for over five minutes less than a hundred yards away swimming with 2 Common Goldenyes and 2 female Buffleheads. I looked away from the bird for a moment to make a couple of phone calls. Meanwhile, several flocks of ducks flew off the lake and it began to snow heavily. When I looked back, I could not relocate the scoter, but I did not have too long to look. I will look again this afternoon.

I do hope someone else - many others - can get a visual of this bird.

Hopeful
Terry Little
Mead, Wa