[Tweeters] Adult Gyrfalcon near George, WA 3/8 photos

ZINGIE at aol.com ZINGIE at aol.com
Mon Mar 9 07:32:21 PDT 2009

Hello Tweets!

Yesterday while in George, WA I spotted an adult GYRFALCON sitting on a
telephone with a huge crop. The bird was VERY cooperative and did not seem the
least bit concerned when we stopped down the road to take photos and get a
better view (we drove right past the bird at first until my brain said "that is
NOT just another red-tail!!". The bird was seen yesterday (Sunday) afternoon
around 4pm on Adams Road and Road 3 SW near George, WA (although I believe the
address lists it as Quincy, WA). There were also hundreds and hundreds of
SANDHILL CRANES and Canada Geese. Many Red-tailed Hawks and a Harrier were also
If you are interested in viewing a couple photos please visit:

Simone Lupson-Cook
_ZINGIE at aol.com_ (mailto:ZINGIE at aol.com)
Seattle, WA
"Lack of awareness of the basic unity of
organism and environment is a serious
and dangerous hallucination."
Alan Watts