[Tweeters] Ridgefield NWR COMMON TEAL

m_scatt at yahoo.com m_scatt at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 8 20:16:34 PDT 2009

Today Christopher spotted a "COMMON" (GREEN-WINGED) TEAL at marker #5 on the River S Unit at Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge, Washington. It was feeding with a few other green-wings. We also saw many swallows (mostly Tree, with about 15 Violet-greens), 3 CINNAMON TEAL, 90 distant shorebirds on Rest Lake (LEAST SANDPIPERS, DOWITCHERS and DUNLIN), a GREAT-HORNED OWL, a BARN OWL, and 3 TURKEY VULTURES. I would say that spring's here, but it snowed on us several times today.

Good Birding!

Adrian and Christopher Hinkle
Em Scattaregia