[Tweeters] Great horn owl deaths

Nancy Wagner nancy at nancywagnerphotography.com
Mon Mar 9 17:53:42 PDT 2009

I read about the death of the N. Hawk Owl with great sadness.

Thing is, I've also heard of two Great Horn Owls being found dead under
trees. The first one at Green Lake was found dead a few weeks ago. And one
of the well-known GHO's that nested at Calif. State Univ. at Bakersfield and
was eagerly watched via online camera as the female raised her babies was
found dead the other day under a tree. A posting I read on another forum
suggested the cause of death could be rat poisoning.

My question is, does anyone know what, exactly, killed the Green Lake owl?
Any news on this? Was it, too, rat poisoning?

Nancy
Bothell, WA
Nancy @ nancywagnerphotography.com