[Tweeters] Bottle Beach

Roger Moyer rogermoyer1 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 11 19:50:13 PDT 2009

rogermoyer1 at hotmail.com

Chehalis, WA

I took a drive out to Bottle Beach after work today. There have been a lot of changes since last year. There is a gravel parking lot, paved trail, new bridge and even a blind. All nice to see our tax dollars at work

On the down side. They have taken out most of the underbrush on the property. I know it is to replant native plants but in my opinion it wrecks the habit for quite a while. I saw this done to Ramsey Canyon in Arizona to bring back the hummingbirds. I have visited Ramsey a couple of times and Miller Canyon near Sierra Vista a couple of times. Miller Canyon has just been left along and it has a whole lot more humming birds than Ramsey Canyon.