[Tweeters] Comments regarding placement of swallow boxes.

mechejmch at aol.com mechejmch at aol.com
Sat Mar 14 18:08:39 PDT 2009

I place boxes for Violet-greens on all four sides of our place in beautiful downtown Bellingham, and I've had success in each location. However, morning sun warms the east-facing box earlier in the day and that has been my 'most- successful' box (10 years in a row!). North comes in second, followed by west and then south. Venting holes will take care of overheating and HEAT isn't usually a problem in our neck o' the woods!

Which reminds me, I'd better get?the ladder out, soon!??

Joe Meche
Bellingham