[Tweeters] results of ID question

LINDA PHILLIPS linda_phillips1252 at msn.com
Sun Mar 15 08:47:50 PDT 2009

Thanks to all the Tweeters who took time to help me solve my puzzle. The consensus is the Cooper's had American Robin for lunch. Poor robin, but there are plenty of robins around the last time I saw a coop with prey it was a Red-breasted sapsucker. I'd rather see the hawks take a common bird than the already low population of woodpeckers.

Original post:
This afternoon I flushed a cooper's Hawk as I walked in the Kenmore Elementary School Arboretum. As I continued on the trail I came upon a mass of feathers scattered in the trail.
I think I interrupted the hawk as it was plucking its prey.
Take a look at my pictures and let me know if you can identify what species it was.
the first picture is as I found them on the trail. I brought some of them home and photographed them again.

Linda Phillips
lindaunderscorephillips1252ATmsndotcom<mailto:linda_phillips1252 at msn.com>
Kenmore 98028-2616