[Tweeters] visiting birder seeks advice

Robert Lewis rfermat at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 16 09:44:07 PDT 2009

Hi,

I am visiting Seattle until Thursday. I have been to this area numerous times, but not in the last few years. I have a car.

Given the poor weather forecast, I wonder if someone could direct me to good areas for landbirds, especially Golden-crowned Sparrow, which would be a lifer for me. I've read though the last week or so of postings on this listserv and see a few references. Alki Point sees attractive too, but are there spots there for landbirds? I'd be willing to drive 30 miles or so each way, from NE Seattle. I can't do much hiking.

Thanks!

Bob Lewis
Sleepy Hollow NY (usually)
mailto: rfermat at yahoo.com