[Tweeters] Anna's chick (singular) finally gets some sun

Trileigh Tucker tri at seattleu.edu
Tue Mar 17 12:01:43 PDT 2009

Finally this morning the Anna's mother and chick are getting a break from
all the intense weather. The mother is glowing in the sun! I've been
watching carefully as she lands, and I believe there is only one chick now.
Since two days ago, the baby has been raising its head slightly out of the
nest when the mother leaves -- though I haven't been able to catch a good
picture of the little gray bump through all the rain...

Good birding,
Trileigh

*******
Trileigh Tucker