[Tweeters] King Co Mountain Bluebird & Rough-legged Hawk both still present

mattxyz at earthlink.net mattxyz at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 19 19:24:59 PDT 2009

Hi Tweets -

After a good morning at Marymoor , I went looking for a couple other
King Co birds.

First up, after several failed attempts over the winter, I was happy
to re-locate the lingering Rough-legged Hawk on the south side of NE
124th St. (east of Willow Rd and before you get to the Sammamish
River) in King Co. The Roughie was hanging out in the fields, south
of the irrigation wheels he seems to normally prefer.

This afternoon, I went to Discovery Park in Seattle and enjoyed great
views of the Mountain Bluebird, in the same spot it has been reported
earlier . The bluebird was very unwary, allowing one photographer to
get what must have been great close-ups. With the sun out, the blues
were shimmering.

A good day,\

Matt Bartels
Seattle, WA