[Tweeters] Late April-mid May for Nesting Pileated, when do the excavate?

Vicki Biltz vickibiltz at msn.com
Fri Mar 20 06:54:31 PDT 2009

Hi, According to the BNA journals, the time for Western Washington Pileateds to lay eggs is late April-mid May. I am wondering when they start excavating. I have a son in town for the next several weeks, and I am hoping to get some help in locating the nesting site, which is probably in the wooded area at the adjacent park. My hope is to find them while they are doing the excavating, as that is a bit easier to locate. Once that is done, it will be harder. Thanks,Vicki

Vicki Biltz Bonney Lake Wa. vickibiltz at msn.com http:www.BirdsofEilat.com http://sawwhetsnew.blogspot.com/

New Hawk Owl pics now on my flickr account http://www.flickr.com/photos/saw-whets_new/