[Tweeters] owls, squirrels and thrushes

Diann MacRae tvulture at vei.net
Fri Mar 20 11:06:29 PDT 2009

Hi, Tweets

I have barred owls, but the grey squirrels and Douglas squirrels are
thriving and I see no decrease in numbers. What I do notice is that
the flying squirrels seem non-existant. They previously were seen
every so often and came to a hanging bird feeder under the eaves
where we would put peanuts at night. I think flying squirrels are
supposed to be a favored part of the barred owls diet. I miss these
neat little nocturnal guys.

My varied thrushes have been singing up a storm lately - one of my
favorite bird songs along with wood thrush. Anyway, this generally
means they will be heading for higher ground before long. I have
about a dozen or so. I'll miss them, too!

Cheers, Diann

Diann MacRae
Olympic Vulture Study
22622 - 53rd Avenue S.E.