[Tweeters] eastern Grays Harbor county and some Mason county birds today

Tim O'Brien kertim7179 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 20 18:16:53 PDT 2009

I'm back on the wet-side of the state for a few days and used today to visit my old neighborhood and scout some spots in Mason county for tomorrow's WOS field trip. Here's the highlights:

Grays Harbor Co.

Wenzel Slough Road - west end:

Turkey Vulture - lone bird flying west
Greater White-fronted Goose - 3
Glaucous Gull - at least 2 in the horde of gulls (no dark backs anywhere today)

Brady Loop Road:

Eurasian Wigeon - male on the south end of Foster Road
Black-bellied Plover - close to a hundred or so on the south end of Foster Road with one in fresh alternate plumage
Tundra and Trumpeter Swans - on the east side of the loop

Mason Co. :

American Dipper, Hermit Thrush - George Adams Fish Hatchery

Trumpeter Swan - lower Skok valley and Lake West

Lots of water birds near Potlatch and around the Skokomish delta including a nice sized flock of Canvasback

Today, was wet and windy until this evening. My Mason county efforts were hampered by the weather. Tomorrow will be a better day!

Tim O'Brien
Cheney, WA
mailto: kertim7179 at yahoo dot com