[Tweeters] Anybody seen any Snoqualmie or Snohomish Area swans inthe past couple of days?

Jody Breckenridge jbreckenridge at r2usa.com
Fri Mar 20 17:03:31 PDT 2009

Hi Rob and Tweeters. I saw a flock of around 100 swans last night on my way
home from work; they were foraging in a field along Tualco Road -- across
the road from the Tualco Grange Hall right next to a large farm building.
For tweeters not familiar with this area - it is south of Monroe and the
Skykomish River, just west of SR203 in the north part of the Snoqualmie
Valley and north of the Crescent Lake/old reformatory dairy farm. I was
surprised to see them, as I thought they had already departed the area.

On a side note -anybody looking for kestrels can count on reliable sightings
along Tualco Road any time of year. I usually see at least one bird perched
on the power wires nearly every time I drive this road during my commutes
to/from work; sometimes I'll spot two to three birds spread over a one- to
two-mile range in the general vicinity of Tualco Road and the reformatory
farm.

-jody

Jody Breckenridge

North of Monroe, rural Snohomish County