[Tweeters] Western Kingbird, Delphi Road southwest of Olympia

Kelly McAllister mcallisters4 at comcast.net
Sat Mar 21 17:50:57 PDT 2009

This afternoon I was out at a former dairy that lies along Dempsey Creek, south side of Delphi Road about a half mile south of where it intersects with Waddell Creek Road. A Western Kingbird flew past me at fairly close range. I watched it fly north toward Delphi Road, more or less paralleling Dempsey Creek. This is my second Western Kingbird in Thurston County, the other being in the Skookumchuck/Thompson Creek vicinity just a year ago, if I remember correctly.

There was a female American Kestrel in the same vicinity as the kingbird.

Kelly McAllister
Olympia, Washington