[Tweeters] Two Male Redwing Blackbirds!

Lydia Bishop gizacat at mac.com
Sun Mar 22 13:27:00 PDT 2009

Hello Tweeties,

How unusual is it for redwing blackbirds to fly up to the front porch
and check out the ground feeder and other bird seed we've got spread
out for the juncos and chickadees?

What, if anything can I do to ENCOURAGE the redwings? We have a small
wetland, but no cattails on one side of our property and a woodsy
creek with skunk cabbage on the other side. No cattails there either.

And another question. I think a dark gray junco came by the feeder as
well. I've seen three different shades of "Oregon Juncos" at my
front porch and I am pretty sure I saw a very dark gray one without
any of the ruddy shades of the "Oregon".

Thanks,
Lydia Bishop
Just off Three Lakes Road, near Snohomish, WA