[Tweeters] Two Male Redwing Blackbirds!

travelGirl travelgirl.fics at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 14:08:55 PDT 2009

i have a pair of RWBBs that frequent my seed and suet feeders in a habitat
that sounds very similar to yours... almost exclusively, the female has
come to the feeders for two years now, and she's usually a welcome sight (if
a messy eater)... the male is much more rare a visible visitor; i do love
his call, though.

same habitat, i also have both oregon and slate juncos, and while they
haven't taken to the suet, they love the seed regardless of its location
(seed feeder hanging from the shepherd's crook, or on the floor because of
other more particular diners)... if i had to count, i'd say there were at
least 25-30 in the immediate neighbourhood, more slate than oregon, but both
are visible most (if not) all year.

00 caren
http://RealistAtLarge.blogspot.com
George Davis Creek, North Fork